Well, these last two weeks have been interesting with the pregnancy. I went in for an ultrasound before Christmas and my amniotic fluid was a little low, so I had to go back right after New Year's. My fluid went down even more, so I was admitted to the hospital (at 32 weeks) for an IV to try to increase the fluid. I was there for four days and my levels increased, so I was sent home, BUT, on strict bed rest for the duration of the pregnancy...UGH...8 more weeks! So far, Kiwi is doing well and I am able to keep my fluid at a decent level at home while resting. They are thinking that for whatever reason, the placenta is not working as efficiently as it should, but they don't really know if that is it, or why it is not working right. Jim has been amazing with helping me do nothing...he has stepped up as Mr. Mom and Dad! He keeps the house running and clean, takes care of getting Bryden to and from school and doing everything for me! Plus, our neighbors and my family have been totally awesome! We have had dinner made for us nearly every night...and REALLY good food too! Bryden has done really well too. She understands that I can't do much, but we do get to play when she gets home from school a bit and in the evening, we just have to pick a place to be and stay there. They good thing about bed rest is that Jim and B are getting to spend LOTS of time together, which is always nice!


!


No comments:
Post a Comment