Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Girls Playing

Funny story...yesterday Bryden was coloring on some paper and wanted to hang her art work on the front door. She was very proud of herself and wanted to show me. When I was looking at one page, I realized she had written letters, C A D E. I told her that her letters looked very good and that I was proud of her. She said, I wrote "Katie" (a friend of hers). I looked at it again trying to figure it out, and she then sounded out the word, which sounded like "C-A-D-E". I was stunned that A) she sounded the word out all by herself, B) she associated letters with each sound, and C) she was able to write the letters of the sounds she made. How cool! She spelt her friends name the way it sounded to her!
Here are some cute pics of the girls playing! Enjoy!




Emmy is working on pulling herself up and crawling.

Come on Emmy, you can do it...Cheerleader Bryden!







Grampa trying to encourage Emmy to crawl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL PICTURES AND BEAUTIFUL GIRLS What a smart daughter you have! Big difference from last year!

Sweet Little Emerson Reese

Sweet Little Emerson Reese

Beautiful Bryden Grace

Beautiful Bryden Grace